Teach English Abroad In Italy With GeoVisions
- Travel for less. You put in a few hours each day literally talking, and the rest of your time is spent traveling and experiencing the Italian culture.
- Do you want to learn Italian or brush up on your language skills? If available near your placement, assistance is provided in identifying suitable language lessons.
- Exclusive materials written by GeoVisions staff will give you "a bag of tricks". Plus your free subscription to the ESL Lounge provide many items to help you with your conversations
- Tip the advantage to you by enhancing your resume by volunteering as a Conversation Partner. Job: "Private Language Tutor." References: Global. It just doesn't get any better than that.
- You "meet" your family in advance through email and phone calls. Each family is interviewed and carefully screened by in-country staff.
- Join our Facebook Fan page and begin the conversation now.
- Join our Online Community and read our volunteer's journals, view their photos and watch their videos.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sharing your language with local school for at least 15-20 hours a week and tutoring your host family approximately 5 hours/week. The schedules can be arranged in advance or upon arrival.
- Teach during school hours or after-school. Classes may be 15-30 students/class.
- Assist Italian teachers during their classes. You may follow and assist several teachers OR you may teach your own group of students.
- Teach conversational English to groups of students.
- Help students with their English homework.
- Tutor English during other initiatives organized by the town hall/community/school.
- Using GeoVisions' teaching materials, your free subscription to the online ESL Lounge along with your creativity, provide creative, fun and informative language sessions.
- Keep your room tidy and clean and respect the host family's rules and habits.
- Manage your own personal expenses (telephone bills, clothing, entertainment and spending money)
- Be available to help the children with their English homework.
What You Get For Your Program Fee
- Personalized Volunteer Placement through our Partner in Italy, including all the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary with the local organization.
- A comfortable, safe place to live in Italy, including two meals per day.
- An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Italy.
- In-country basic language assistance.
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Extensive medical, accident and dental insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
- Our own text book, A Tutor's Guide--Teaching English To Families and Children.
- Premium online membership at the ESL-Lounge.