Internships in Nicaragua are in the following fields:
- Social work
As a developing country, Nicaragua is striving, with little resources, to educate their people who may choose to enter any of these fields. With close to 50% of the poplulation living in poverty, assistance in these areas are welcome. At the same time Interns have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work in their chosen field with these unique limitations.
Examples of Internships available now:
Nursing in a health center in Granada for young mothers, adolescents and others. Areas of work may include nursing, laboratory, pharmacy, and education.
The Internship for Sports Management in Granada is located at a non-profit sports center which promotes sport education as an alternative for youth. Help develop sport attitude, improve self esteem with soccer, volleyball, taekwondo, judo, fitness and weight lifting, etc. Help with the marketing, education, sports classes, etc.
The Small Business Entrepreneurial Internship is with one of the oldest NGO's in Nicaragua. This organization focuses on young people establishing their own businesses. Interns will evaluate and improve business plans, assist and advise how to run a business, etc.
Interns need to be able to work independently and be able to communicate clearly.
There are also dozens more Internships available. Talk to your GeoVisions representative about the myriad of Internship available right now in Nicaragua.
What You Get For Your Placement Fee:
- Personalized Placement at the Intership of your choice in Nicaragua, including all the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary with the local organization and business hosting you.
- A comfortable, safe place to live in Nicaragua. While living with a host family, meals are included. (You can request a hostel based on availability although meals are not included with that option.)
- A U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Nicaragua.
- In-country basic language assistance and (optional) language classes.
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Extensive medical, and accident insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance. Our insurance covers you up to $50,000 and carries a $0 deductible and is good for the entire duration of your program. We also include trip delay insurance, baggage loss and delay coverage, missed connection coverage and LiveTravel™ Emergency Service.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- Country-based airport transportation with pickup on arrival and return at the end of your program.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
- Certificate of completion.