Intern with an international charity in the United Kingdom. Child-Safe International is based at the Avon and Somerset Constabulary, Police Headquarters near Bristol, UK. This small charity, founded in 2004, specializes in training, consultancy, research, audits and special industry education and investigations.
Interns will work on a range of projects and fund-raising activities. The work may be done at the charity head office and in the field when needed. Projects will be determined by the current needs of the charity and what the business plan identifies as the operational priorities. Interns will have the opportunity to select topics of interest to work on. Interns will be given approximately four varying projects during the duration of the intern's stay.
Areas that interns may work:
Finance, database input, research and management, project work, administration, working at events, fundraising, presentations, company or school contact, phone works, marketing, design, etc.
- Immerse yourself in British culture and the British way of life while gaining an understanding of the culture.
- Take time on weekends to explore the South West of England (or other areas)! Remember, you can take the train to London and switch to the EuroStar, where you are a two-hour train ride away from Paris.
- Tip the advantage to you by enhancing your resume with this Internship.
- Build professional experience in Social Care, Education, Child Protection, Human Rights, Law, NGO, and charity work..
Program Expectation and Details
It is expected that interns will engage in substantive work projects and be able to participate in regular staff meetings and events at the workplace. Interns will have a direct supervisor to help train and mentor them, and to provide necessary guidance and feedback throughout the course of the internship.
What You Get For The Placement Fee
- Your in-country orientation during the first week at Child-Safe.
- An assigned mentor.
- Accommodations with a host family including half board during the week and full board on the weekends while at the host family.
- An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in the UK.
- An opportunity to live in the UK and immerse yourself in the culture.
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Extensive medical, accident and dental insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
Child-Safe is approximately 12 miles from the center of Bristol (approximately 20 minutes by car or 40 minutes by bus). There is the Brunel Suspension Bridge, the Avon Gorge, the Clifton Zoo and Downs area together with night life, theatres, clubs, bars, river cruises, museums, street entertainment, festivals and much more. Clifton, just over the suspension bridge, is a "student village" with coffee shops, street food, entertainment, and, of course, college students. It is a vibrant and very architectural, historical part of the city.