- Travel for less. The program is designed to provide plenty of time on weekends to experience the Italian culture. Many other summer camp counselors have had time to travel all over Italy during the weekends.
- You put in around 20 hours each week playing games with the campers and speaking English each day, and the rest of your time is spent traveling and experiencing the culture in depth.
- Enhance your resume by volunteering as a Conversation Partner and summer camp counselor. Job: "Private Language
- Tutor and Summer Camp Counselor." References: Global. It just doesn't get any better than that.
- Exclusive teaching materials written by GeoVisions that you can print out and take with you. Plus your free subscription to the ESL Lounge provides many items to help you with your conversations such as worksheets, flash cards and games.
- Personalized help onsite with ideas for games and lessons. You are with a group, so coming up with fun and creative lessons is easy. We are also here for you as well. Email Betsy (our own in-house ESL Teacher) as often as you like. Or even Skype with her.
- Join our Facebook Fan page and begin the conversation now.
- Check out our Community Pages. Read travel journals by current and previous volunteers. Look at their photos and view their videos. On the Community Pages, why not read about the group in Italy and get a head start!
- Check out our Pinterest GeoVisions Boards.
Requirements and Duties
- Summer Camp tutors must be native English speakers.
- They need to have a college degree or be in college, have one of the following requirements: teaching experience, camp counselor experience, or teaching English as a second language certificate.
- Counselors should be in good health.
- Counselors should have good lesson planning and organization skills.
- Skills in sports, music, singing, etc are extremely helpful.
- Share your language with the language camp 20 hours a week Monday to Friday.
- Using GeoVisions' materials and tools, provide creative, fun and informative language sessions.
- Be on time for camp each day.
- Manage your own personal expenses (telephone bills, clothing, entertainment and spending money)
What You Get For Your Program Fee
- Personalized Volunteer Placement through our Partner in Italy, including all the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary with the local organization.
- A comfortable, safe place to live in Italy, including two meals per day.
- An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Italy.
- Airport pickup (in Rome) during specified times. If flights do not arrive during the arrival time (before 1 pm), precise information will be provided on how to reach the accommodations. (Cost of transportation, if outside of specified times, is not included.)
- Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Extensive medical, and accident insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance. Our insurance covers you up to $50,000 and carries a $0 deductible and is good for the entire duration of your program. We also include trip delay insurance, baggage loss and delay coverage, missed connection coverage and LiveTravel™ Emergency Service.
- Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S. Call collect from Italy. Our emergency line is manned by real people.
- Our own manual, A Tutor's Guide--Teaching English To Families and Children, which you download and take with you to Italy.
- Premium online membership at the ESL-Lounge for access to game, flash-cards, worksheets.
- Unlimited access to GeoVisions' exclusive Help Me Teach desk, to assist you with ideas that relate to your situation.