We are now accepting applications for mid-2021. As soon as our teachers are allowed into China, they will begin working.
We will continue to update this program page.
Teach English Abroad In China
You don't need previous teaching experience and you don't need to speak Chinese! You don't even need to have experience teaching. Teach English Abroad in China and build transferable skills and create a lifetime of memories.
Experience China’s traditional festivals, start your mornings with tai chi lessons, devour exotic cuisine, travel through ancient landscapes all the while building your resume of full-time teaching.
How Do I Get Started?
- If you've just started your research, we recommend that you read this post, which is our definitive guide to teaching abroad.
- When you're ready to have your questions answered and go through some plans, contact us. There is no obligation. We're here to answer your questions.
- Fill out and submit your application with your $350 fee. Why is there a fee? We provide pre-departure assistance, airport pickup, orientation on arrival and a high level of support throughout your experience as well as visa guidance.
- Fill out our supplemental application and upload the required documents like a copy of your passport, your transcript, photos, medical form, etc.
- Begin your interviews with schools in China.
- Next, you will receive personalized, step-by-step guidance with document preparation for your visa after you accept a teaching position with the school of your choice.
- Arrive in China, begin your new teaching job, and collect your first paycheck.
Eligibility And Fees
The program fee is $350.
The most important qualifications required by the schools in China is that you must be a native English speaker and have at least the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree.
The schools also want to see that you have a desire to change lives and have an unending curiosity for cultural exchange. You don’t need prior teaching experience, a degree in education, or even plans to become a teacher.
- Hold a passport from the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, or Ireland. In addition, you must have been in school in one of these countries for 10 years, which includes high school and university.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Clear criminal record.
- Must be between 21 and 60 in order to receive a work visa.
- No experience necessary. In fact, schools prefer that you have less than five years of teaching experience if you have been teaching.
- A Bachelors's degree or higher in any subject is required.
- A commitment to 12 months of employment.
- TEFL certification is required. Applicants who already hold a degree in education, or who can provide signed original letters confirming 2+ years of full-time teaching experience, may opt-out of the TEFL course.
What is the application process?
How do I qualify for the Z Visa to teach in China legally?
What happens when I arrive in China?
Your fee guarantees these benefits
What do I do about my student loans?
"My Experience with GeoVisions on my teach program last year was great.
Every time I had any issues GeoVisions were always there to support me.
One thing that I was quite lucky with is that I got a good Chinese co-teacher at my school.
Overall it was a great experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
September 17, 2019
"I was really interested in the convenience of the program
I feel more pride for my own country, more aware of other cultures, and also less ignorant.
This program offers a very unique opportunity to be able to travel to China and experience another culture from a unique perspective that cannot be attained by traveling there normally.
July 30, 2018
"I have just spent 12 months living and working in China.
Please allow me to preface this by saying that the experience has definitely improved my life- it has forced me to grow and develop, learn an appreciation for the Chinese way of life and its people/culture, and I wouldn't change a thing about what I did.
I was lucky to get an absolutely true and authentic teaching experience.
I can't thank Geovisions enough for helping me to grow and learn as I have. I look back and know that had I not applied to them for a teaching position in China, I would have continued along in my administration role in Melbourne and been, honestly, very fed up with it as I was before I left.
I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a change, a challenge and a bit of adventure.
May 2, 2019
Request More Information - Opportunities For You
This experience will look great on your CV or Resume.
Commit to teaching for one-year in China. Get paid a full-time salary with many benefits.
years we have been sending teachers to China.
Learn More From Teacher Who Were There
Posts From Teachers
Here. Every Step Of The Way For You
Our experienced staff is eager to learn all about how they can help you reach your travel goals and to become a full time paid teacher in China.