[Updated 28 February, 2021.
South Korea has continued to allow foreigners to enter the country. There is a strict quarantine, which has been in place since the fall of 2020. Be sure to budget the cost to quarantine for 14-days before you begin teaching.
We are now hiring for May 2021 with the next intake to be in August 2021.
We are now looking for candidates for August and November 2021 positions with only a hand full of positions open for May 2021.
If you are committed to teaching abroad, you will need to be looking to teach in August or November in order to better secure a position without rushing your visa papers.
Teach English Abroad In South Korea
South Korea is a dynamic, advanced country in a class of its own. It's a choice destination for an English teacher because the demand for English instruction is well-developed. There is an emphasis on English education placed on the youth in Korean society. Students are genuinely motivated to learn English. Ultimately, English ability can make the difference between a good life and an ordinary existence for much of the population in South Korea.
How Do I Get Started?
- If you've just started your research, we recommend that you read this post, which is our definitive guide to teaching abroad.
- When you're ready to have your questions answered and go through some plans, schedule a call with us. There is no obligation when you speak with us. We're here to answer your questions.
- Fill out and submit your application with your $350 fee. Why is there a fee? We provide pre-departure assistance, airport pickup, orientation on arrival and a high level of support throughout your experience as well as visa guidance.
- Fill out our supplemental application and upload the required documents like a copy of your passport, your transcript, photos, medical form, etc.
- Begin your interviews with schools in South Korea.
- Next you will receive personalized, step-by-step guidance with document preparation for your visa after you accept a teaching position with the school of your choice.
- Arrive in South Korea, begin your new teaching job and collect your first paycheck.
Eligibility And Fees
The program fee is $350.
The most important qualifications required by the schools in South Korea is that you must be a native English speaker and have at least the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree.
The schools also want to see that you have a desire to change lives and have an unending curiosity for cultural exchange. You don’t need prior teaching experience, a degree in education, or even plans to become a teacher.
- Hold a passport from the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, or Ireland. In addition, you must have been in school in one of these countries for 10 years, which includes high school and university.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Clear criminal record.
- Must be between 21 and 55.
- No experience necessary. In fact, schools prefer that you have less than five years of teaching experience if you have been teaching.
- You do not need to know any Korean.
- A Bachelors's degree or higher in any subject is required.
- A commitment to 12 months of employment.
What is the application process?
How do I qualify for the E2 Visa to teach in South Korea legally?
What happens when I arrive in South Korea?
Your fee guarantees these benefits
What do I do about my student loans?
"Experiencing amazing cultural immersion
Moving to South Korea is a complete culture immersion, everyday is a new adventure. I have gone to Busan, Daegu, and Gyeongin. My goal is to explore as much of South Korea and nearby countries as possible.
August 17, 2018
"An experience so great!
I have been in Korea for several months now and the experience has been amazing. I am really loving it.
GeoVisions was extremely helpful and their local team, especially Cid, helped me get all settled in. My apartment is great. I have already made many friends with some fellow teachers and have had a chance to explore but the weather is still quite cold. My overall experience with GeoVisions was excellent and I would highly recommend people to go the route of a local partner. I was so nervous and didn't know what to expect but they were very patient in walking me through the process.
July 30, 2018
"Good Advice And Real Passion
For those who are interested in teaching in South Korea be aware that the application process is arduous. However, the team at GeoVisions is encouraging and helpful. I am grateful to them for their support.
Whenever I feel down I re-read an email that my agent sent me before coming to South Korea, which explained that living and working in a quaint town is more rewarding than living in a cosmopolitan city like Seoul and that the challenges I have faced will only make my experience more meaningful and memorable.
May 2, 2018
Request More Information - Opportunities For You
This experience will look great on your CV or Resume.
Commit to teaching for one-year in South Korea. Get paid a full-time salary with many benefits.
years we have been sending teachers to South Korea.
Learn More From Teacher Who Were There