[Updated 12 March, 2022.]
Fully vaccinated overseas travelers will be exempt from a seven-day quarantine upon entry starting March 21.
According to health authorities on Friday, the exemption applies to those who were inoculated in the country or overseas and have registered with the government.
People applying for this exemption are only considered fully vaccinated if they have received their last shot within 14 to 180 days prior to their arrival. Anyone whose last shot was done prior to this will need to get a booster to be eligible for the quarantine exemption. Here is the current list of accepted vaccines by Korea: AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer, Novavax, Jansen (J&J). Here is the link to the new "Q-Code" website that teachers will need to complete in order to register their details and be eligible for quarantine exemption. For now it is still a trial system, so if there are any updates or changes we will let you know and also advise teachers accordingly: https://cov19ent.kdca.go.kr/cpassportal/biz/beffatstmnt/main.do;jsessionid=B2Vfgb9cQJzPSQJQ64s1-Z0WqbEXgQ8nHwtYGAKe.prd-cpass-was91?lang=en (please copy and paste this link)
Starting next month, overseas travelers can also use public transportation upon arrival. Currently, they are required to travel in private vehicles, special quarantine taxis, or isolated sections on the KTX bullet trains.
Teach English Abroad In South Korea
South Korea is well established as one of the most popular destinations to teach in Asia. South Korea offers high wages, excellent teacher benefits, high-tech school facilities, and overall well-structured and supportive workplaces. There is still a large demand for native English speakers to teach in Korea.
How Do I Get Started?
- If you've just started your research, we recommend that you read this post, which is our definitive guide to teaching abroad.
- When you're ready to have your questions answered and go through some plans, schedule a call with us. There is no obligation when you speak with us. We're here to answer your questions.
- Fill out and submit your application with your $350 program deposit. Why is there a fee? We provide pre-departure assistance, airport pickup, orientation on arrival and a high level of support throughout your experience as well as visa guidance.
- Fill out our supplemental application and upload the required documents like a copy of your passport, your transcript, photos, medical form, etc.
- Next you will receive personalized, step-by-step guidance with document preparation for your visa after you accept a teaching position with the school of your choice.
- Arrive in South Korea, begin your new teaching job and collect your first paycheck.
Eligibility And Fees
Schools in Korea have high standards for their teachers and therefore the candidate needs to meet a certain set of requirements to be eligible to teach in Korea. We will assist the participants through this process, but they must meet the minimum qualifying criteria first:
The program fee for placement only is $1,559.
To take the TESOL course in South Korea for a month, including your placement, the fee is $2,599.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- Applicants must be native English speakers and citizens of one of the 7 accepted native English Speaking countries (USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Ireland)
- Applicants must also have graduated with a bachelor's degree/diploma from one of the 7 native English-speaking countries (degrees from outside these countries are not recognized). Degrees from a Korean University that was taught in English may be accepted and need to be reviewed case-by-case
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health
- Applicants must be over the age of 21
- Candidates over the age of 50 must be referred to the office in Seoul before they can be accepted and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Applicants must have a 100% clean federal level Criminal Background Check**
- Applicants must be willing to commit for at least 12 months
- Applicants must have sufficient funds to pay program fees and other associated costs of the program
- Applicants must have a 120 Hr, in class or online TESOL/TEFL/CELTA. Qualified teachers who have a teaching license do not need to have a TESOL qualification
- Accent - Candidates must have clear and easy-to-understand accents. If an accent will be challenging for Korean people to understand, we may not be able to accept the candidate as it may affect their success in obtaining a position in Korea. We may request a voice recording in the event that you are unsure to assess a neutral accent. This applies to all nationalities.
** If an applicant has spent more than 4 months living/teaching/studying abroad in another country they may be required to get a Criminal Background Check from the country as well.
Required Visa Documents
- Apostilled Copy of Bachelors Degree/Diploma**
- Apostilled Criminal Background Check**
- Apostilled Birth Certificate (UK & AUS citizens only)
- Apostilled Certificate of Citizenship (if applicable)
- E2 Health Form (filled out in ink and date left blank)
- Accredited TESOL Certificate
- 2x Ink Signed Letters of Reference
- 3x Individually Sealed Copies of University Transcripts (keep one copy with and send 2 copies to Korea
- 8x Passport Photos (send 4 to Korea and keep another 4 for later)
- Photocopy of your passport name page
- Cover Letter and Resume (with Picture)
- Application for Confirmation of Visa Issuance Form
- Signed copy of Employment Contract
** Documents that need to be legalized in Canada need to be notarized and then receive a consular seal from the Korean Embassy within Canada as there is no Apostille available in Canada.
Teaching In Korea At A Glance
What is the application process?
More Information About The Visa Documents
Placement Options - Types of Schools
In Country Cultural Orientation For Placement Only
What do I do about my student loans?
"Experiencing amazing cultural immersion
Moving to South Korea is a complete culture immersion, everyday is a new adventure. I have gone to Busan, Daegu, and Gyeongin. My goal is to explore as much of South Korea and nearby countries as possible.
August 17, 2018
"An experience so great!
I have been in Korea for several months now and the experience has been amazing. I am really loving it.
GeoVisions was extremely helpful and their local team, especially Cid, helped me get all settled in. My apartment is great. I have already made many friends with some fellow teachers and have had a chance to explore but the weather is still quite cold. My overall experience with GeoVisions was excellent and I would highly recommend people to go the route of a local partner. I was so nervous and didn't know what to expect but they were very patient in walking me through the process.
July 30, 2018
"Good Advice And Real Passion
For those who are interested in teaching in South Korea be aware that the application process is arduous. However, the team at GeoVisions is encouraging and helpful. I am grateful to them for their support.
Whenever I feel down I re-read an email that my agent sent me before coming to South Korea, which explained that living and working in a quaint town is more rewarding than living in a cosmopolitan city like Seoul and that the challenges I have faced will only make my experience more meaningful and memorable.
May 2, 2018
Request More Information - Opportunities For You
This experience will look great on your CV or Resume.
Commit to teaching for one-year in South Korea. Get paid a full-time salary with many benefits.
years we have been sending teachers to South Korea.
Learn More From Teacher Who Were There