Updated 1 March, 2021: AT THIS TIME foreign nationals are permitted to enter Taiwan to teach. You will need to apply for a visa before traveling. You must provide a negative COVID-19 test report completed in the three working days prior to boarding their flight. On arrival in Taiwan, you are legally required to self-isolate for 14 days.
We are currently matching teachers to schools and making hiring offers at this time.
We will continue to update this program page.
Teach English Abroad In Taiwan
When you go abroad to teach English in Taiwan with GeoVisions Foundation, you will be earning more than a competitive salary. Your teaching job can be an excellent alternative to the traditional post-graduate employment path. It is also an amazing opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others while experiencing the rich culture of the East.
There are many opportunities for adventure to be found while teaching English in Taiwan. From discovering the chaotic city night markets to hiking on Yangminshan to lounging on the beaches of Kenting, you will find there is plenty to explore.
If you want to immerse yourself in Chinese culture and learn Mandarin Chinese while still having all the modern conveniences available, teaching in Taiwan is for you!
How Do I Get Started?
- If you've just started your research, we recommend that you read this post, which is our definitive guide to teaching abroad.
- When you're ready to have your questions answered and go through some plans, schedule a call with us. There is no obligation when you speak with us. We're here to answer your questions.
- Fill out and submit your application with your $350 fee. Why is there a fee? We provide pre-departure assistance, airport pickup, orientation on arrival and a high level of support throughout your experience as well as visa guidance.
- Fill out our supplemental application and upload the required documents like a copy of your passport, your transcript, photos, medical form, etc.
- Begin your interviews with schools in Taiwan.
- Next you will receive personalized, step-by-step guidance with document preparation for your visa after you accept a teaching position with the school of your choice.
- Arrive in Taiwan, begin your new teaching job and collect your first paycheck.
Eligibility And Fees
The program fee is $350.
The most important qualifications required by the schools in Taiwan is that you must be a native English speaker and have an Associates Degree or the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree.
The schools also want to see that you have a desire to change lives and have an unending curiosity for cultural exchange. You don’t need prior teaching experience, a degree in education, or even plans to become a teacher.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Clear criminal record.
- No experience necessary. In fact, schools prefer that you have less than five years of teaching experience if you have been teaching.
- You do not need to know any Chinese.
- An Associate or Bachelors's degree or higher in any subject is required.
- A commitment to 12 months of employment.
- Applicants must be native English speakers up to age 35.
- Applicants must be from Australia, Belize, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, USA.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in any field. We can also accept a 2-year degree (Associates) if you have TEFL certification in advance.
- Applicants must be in good mental health and physically fit to work with students as young as 3 years old.
What is the application process?
What about a visa to teach legally in Taiwan?
What is the salary of a teacher in Taiwan?
Your fee guarantees these benefits
What do I do about my student loans?
"I have been promoted 3 times
I started as a Native-Speaking Teacher and have, through hard work and dedication, developed professionally to fill several other roles, including Head Native-Speaking Teacher and Area Recruitment Coordinator.
This job has allowed me to develop my skills as well as my resume. I recently tied the knot with my Taiwanese partner and we now live together in the Greater Taipei area.
After weighing the pros and cons of each country where I thought I wanted to teach, I ultimately decided on Taiwan for its open and ground-breakingly liberal society as well as the relaxed teaching environment compared with other Asian countries.
May 17, 2019
"I was not happy with the job that I had in the U.S.
I went through the Initial Teacher Training in August 2018 and have since been living and teaching in the Greater Taipei area of northern Taiwan.
I was longing for the opportunity to travel and live abroad. I still recall the day that I made the decision to take a leap and leave my mundane job back home in Dallas, jump on an airplane, and begin my adventure in Taiwan.
I wouldn't change a thing."
September 30, 2019
"This is a way of life.
Living and working abroad isn’t just a gap year—it’s a way of life!
There isn't enough space here to explain the experiences that led up to me teaching in Taiwan and the reasons I have decided to remain in Taiwan.
Teaching English in Taiwan isn’t just a way to make ends meet, it’s a way to shape your future.
May 2, 2019
Request More Information - Opportunities For You
This experience will look great on your CV or Resume.
Commit to teaching for one-year in Taiwan. Get paid a full-time salary with many benefits.
years we have been sending teachers to Taiwan.
Learn More From Teacher Who Were There