The process of allowing teachers to enter Thailand is moving forward. GeoVisions is currently matching teachers to schools at this time. Our teachers are currently being hired and readied for departure to Thailand for full-time employment in the near future.
Be sure to expect longer processing times for diploma legalizations, applications for copies of diplomas from universities, and criminal background checks. Degree holders coming in the fall to Thailand from any sending country should start the legalization process as soon as possible.
Teach English Abroad In Thailand
For Thai citizens, one of the best ways to secure an excellent post-secondary education or to qualify for a better job that will help their family be more secure in life is to learn English. It has become a necessity. And that's why GeoVisions needs you to teach English overseas in Thailand.
Go beyond the beaten path and experience Thailand the way no tourist ever could. Teach English In Thailand with The GeoVisions Foundation and live and work in one of the world's favorite holiday destinations while helping to improve the English skills of local children and get paid. Experience an engaging and essential cultural exchange. Find a rich culture built upon a fascinating history and a country populated by caring, vibrant people. Thailand is known as "The Land of a Thousand Smiles." Teach in Thailand and find out why.
We currently have openings in these positions: Teaching English, Math, or Science. Computer Science teaching positions are available, but extremely rare. English teachers do not need a degree in Education or English. To teach math or science, the teacher must have a degree in that subject.
How Do I Get Started?
- Fill out the very brief form on this page. It won't take 30 seconds.
- If you've just started your research, we recommend that you read this post, which is our definitive guide to teaching abroad.
- When you're ready to have your questions answered and go through some plans, schedule a call with us. There is no obligation when you speak with us. We're here to answer your questions.
- Fill out and submit your application with your $350 deposit. Why is there a fee? We provide pre-departure assistance, airport pickup, orientation on arrival and a high level of support throughout your experience as well as visa guidance.
- Fill out our supplemental application and upload the required documents like a copy of your passport, your transcript, photos, medical form, etc.
- Begin your interviews with schools in Thailand.
- Next you will receive personalized, step-by-step guidance with document preparation for your visa after you accept a teaching position with the school of your choice.
- Arrive in Thailand, begin your new teaching job and collect your first paycheck.
Eligibility And Fees
The program fee is $999.
The most important qualifications required by the schools in Thailand is that you must be a native English speaker and have at least the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree.
The schools also want to see that you have a desire to change lives and have an unending curiosity for cultural exchange. You don’t need prior teaching experience, a degree in education, or even plans to become a teacher.
- Applicants must be from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, USA.
- Ages 21 to 50.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Good mental and physical health.
- No criminal record (with the exception of traffic or other minor violations).
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the application process?
How do I qualify for the Non-Immigrant B Visa to teach in Thailand legally?
What happens when I arrive in Thailand?
Your fee guarantees these benefits
What do I do about my student loans?
"an amazing opportunity to gain experience teaching and provide a wide range of English skills to my students
As long as you have an open mind, and aren't afraid of occasionally feeling awkward with not only a language barrier, but a cultural barrier, there's no shortage of new experiences and adventures you can have!
During my time here, I found most Thai people are appreciative of the fact that you're putting in the effort to even learn the language. A great way to help you learn about your host country is by visiting the many beautiful temples. I have done this in both Chiang Mai and Bangkok and felt it helped me to understand the rich culture and history of Thailand. I have had incredible support from the beginning of my program, from teaching strategies to feeling safe exploring on my own.
September 17, 2019
"Every day it seems like it just keeps getting better and better.
There are lots of challenges of course, especially when you first start teaching at your school, but that should be expected. I teach at a public high school, and everyone at the school loves my girlfriend and I. Our hours are very fair, and we get paid enough to live comfortably in Thailand.
GeoVisions always answered all of our questions promptly, helped us get all of our visa paperwork sorted.
This program far exceeds all my expectations, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is ready for this kind of adventure."
September 30, 2019
"This was truly one of the best decisions I've made so far.
This has been the most challenging, rewarding, and eye-opening experience and I've loved every second of it. There are definitely times where things were a little bumpy, but they were just that. A LITTLE bumpy. However I have a great support network, and there are tons of people I know I can reach out to if anything were to go wrong.
Geovisions made the process leading up to getting to Thailand as smooth as possible and they put up with all my silly questions graciously and put my mind at ease. I recommend to anyone that wants a new experience that they just go for it.
I don't mean to make moving to a foreign country and starting a new life sound like a breeze because it is by no means a job for the faint hearted, but if you're up for a challenge I promise you wont regret it.
Request More Information - Opportunities For You
This experience will look great on your CV or Resume.
Commit to teaching for one-year or one-semester in Thailand. Get paid a full-time salary with many benefits.
years we have been sending teachers to Thailand.
Learn More From Teacher Who Were There