For More Information
Updated July 30: We're waiting to hear from the government but the expectation is that Bangkok and the surrounding provinces will be heavily restricted in terms of travel, while the rest of the country may not see any further tightening of restrictions. About 70% of teachers are teaching online and we are supporting them with online teaching webinars and also trivia nights to counteract feelings from some teachers of frustration and isolation. In Thailand demand for teachers is still strong and we have lots of teachers coming over now and through the rest of the year. The Phuket Sandbox is in full swing so there are very positive signs. This might be a case of 'darkest before dawn'.
OCTOBER INTAKE IS STILL ON SCHEDULE AND GOING FORWARD AS PLANNED.
Teach English Abroad In Thailand
For Thai citizens, one of the best ways to secure an excellent post-secondary education or to qualify for a better job that will help their family be more secure in life is to learn English. It has become a necessity. And that's why The GeoVisions Foundation needs you to teach English overseas in Thailand.
Go beyond the beaten path and experience Thailand the way no tourist ever could. Teach English In Thailand with The GeoVisions Foundation and live and work in one of the world's favorite holiday destinations while helping to improve the English skills of local children and get paid. Experience an engaging and essential cultural exchange. Find a rich culture built upon a fascinating history and a country populated by caring, vibrant people. Thailand is known as "The Land of a Thousand Smiles." Teach in Thailand and find out why.
How Do I Get Started?
- Fill out the very brief form on this page. It won't take 30 seconds. And watch this short video. Shot on location, with GeoVisions' teachers.
- If you've just started your research, we recommend that you read this post, which is our definitive guide to teaching English in Thailand.
- When you're ready to have your questions answered and go through some plans, schedule a call with us. There is no obligation when you speak with us. We're here to answer your questions.
- Fill out and submit your application with your $350 deposit. Why is there a fee? We provide pre-departure assistance, airport pickup, orientation on arrival, and a high level of support throughout your experience as well as visa guidance.
- Fill out our supplemental application and upload the required documents like a copy of your passport, your transcript, photos, medical form, etc.
- Next, you will receive personalized, step-by-step guidance with document preparation for your visa after you accept a teaching position with a school.
- Arrive in Thailand, begin your new teaching job, and collect your first paycheck.
Eligibility And Fees
There are two program fees:
$1,449 includes all services and benefits below plus a week of orientation (accommodation included).
$2,249 includes all services and benefits below plus a 30-days in-class TESOL course, orientation, and practice teaching. Accommodation included.
We will need a full resume and a 30-second intro video to begin your placement.
The schools also want to see that you have a desire to change lives and have an unending curiosity for cultural exchange. You don’t need prior teaching experience, a degree in education, or even plans to become a teacher.
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health. In order to get a work permit candidates are required to go for a health check once in country. The health check consists of: a blood test and a general check-up (blood pressure, weight etc.).
- Ages 21 to 58.
- Bachelor's degree required. You will be required to have your bachelor’s degree legalised for use in Thailand before travel.
- No criminal record (with the exception of traffic or other minor violations).
- During certain times of the year we will accept non-native speakers who hold a bachelor’s degree. Non-native speakers must hold an EU passport, be fluent speakers in English with a clear accent and have a bachelor’s degree or above. All non-native speakers must take and in-class TESOL course in Thailand as a prerequisite of joining the program. In order to obtain a Work Permit as a non-native English speaker, the Thai government may require the applicant to take the TOEIC exam once they arrive in Thailand. The minimum required score on the TOEIC is: 700. South African and Irish citizens may also be required to take the TOEIC exam in order to obtain a work permit. You will find more information on the TOEIC exam in section 11.
- Most Thai schools require that degree holders hold an internationally accredited TESOL certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the application process? What's included with my fee and what's not?
How do I qualify for the Non-Immigrant B Visa to teach in Thailand legally?
What happens when I arrive in Thailand?
How do I pay my fees? And why is there a fee?
What do I do about my student loans?
"an amazing opportunity to gain experience teaching and provide a wide range of English skills to my students
As long as you have an open mind, and aren't afraid of occasionally feeling awkward with not only a language barrier, but a cultural barrier, there's no shortage of new experiences and adventures you can have!
During my time here, I found most Thai people are appreciative of the fact that you're putting in the effort to even learn the language. A great way to help you learn about your host country is by visiting the many beautiful temples. I have done this in both Chiang Mai and Bangkok and felt it helped me to understand the rich culture and history of Thailand. I have had incredible support from the beginning of my program, from teaching strategies to feeling safe exploring on my own.
September 17, 2019
"Every day it seems like it just keeps getting better and better.
There are lots of challenges of course, especially when you first start teaching at your school, but that should be expected. I teach at a public high school, and everyone at the school loves my girlfriend and I. Our hours are very fair, and we get paid enough to live comfortably in Thailand.
GeoVisions always answered all of our questions promptly, helped us get all of our visa paperwork sorted.
This program far exceeds all my expectations, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is ready for this kind of adventure."
September 30, 2019
"This was truly one of the best decisions I've made so far.
This has been the most challenging, rewarding, and eye-opening experience and I've loved every second of it. There are definitely times where things were a little bumpy, but they were just that. A LITTLE bumpy. However I have a great support network, and there are tons of people I know I can reach out to if anything were to go wrong.
Geovisions made the process leading up to getting to Thailand as smooth as possible and they put up with all my silly questions graciously and put my mind at ease. I recommend to anyone that wants a new experience that they just go for it.
I don't mean to make moving to a foreign country and starting a new life sound like a breeze because it is by no means a job for the faint hearted, but if you're up for a challenge I promise you wont regret it.
Request More Information - Opportunities For You
This experience will look great on your CV or Resume.
Commit to teaching for one-year or one-semester in Thailand. Get paid a full-time salary with many benefits.
years we have been sending teachers to Thailand.
Learn More From Teacher Who Were There