For More Information
Updated February 7: Vietnam is dealing with new, relatively small outbreaks of COVID in the far north and a smaller one in HCMC. Despite the low number of infections, the government has been very aggressive in its anti-COVID actions, including closing schools in Hanoi and HCMC. Moreover, in the north, they have now instituted a 21-day quarantine for people coming into Hanoi. There is also talk of the quarantine being extended in HCMC but this is not yet official. The good thing is that many of our schools are supporting some or all of the cost of quarantine. Demand for teachers in Vietnam is strong and we can place lots of teachers. We have our first batch of teachers arriving at the beginning of March. The rollout of a vaccination campaign in Vietnam is slow going and it is not clear if the government will be open to travelers with vaccinations bypassing quarantine regulations.
Future Intake Dates: May 31, 2021; July 26, 2021; August 23, 2021; November 29, 2021.
Teach English Abroad In Vietnam
Vietnam is emerging as one of the most popular destinations to teach in Asia. Vietnam offers high wages, comprehensive training and professional development opportunities, high tech school facilities and overall well-structured and supportive workplaces. There is huge demand for native English speakers to teach in Vietnam alongside Vietnamese teaching assistants. We assist with training and qualifying teachers to thrive in Vietnamese schools. We then assist teachers with navigating the numerous school options to find a reliable placement with a reputable school that will be the best fit for the candidate.
Teaching in Vietnam is an amazing opportunity to explore an exotic and culturally rich country that is growing rapidly, yet still maintains many of its ancient customs and landscapes. Participants will teach throughout the country in a variety of different urban and smaller town environments in well-equipped private language schools or in public schools.
From innumerable rice paddies and the Mekong river delta in the south, to the highlands and beach resorts of central Vietnam, and the French colonial architecture and diverse cuisine of northern Vietnam, there is so much to see, do, and taste, in this wonderfully diverse country.
How Do I Get Started?
- Fill out the very brief form on this page. It won't take 30 seconds. And watch this short video. Shot on location, with GeoVisions' teachers.
- If you've just started your research, we recommend that you read this post, which is our definitive guide to teaching English in Vietnam.
- When you're ready to have your questions answered and go through some plans, schedule a call with us. There is no obligation when you speak with us. We're here to answer your questions.
- Fill out and submit your application with your $350 deposit. Why is there a fee? We provide pre-departure assistance, airport pickup, orientation on arrival, and a high level of support throughout your experience as well as visa guidance.
- Fill out our supplemental application and upload the required documents like a copy of your passport, your transcript, photos, medical form, etc.
- Next, you will receive personalized, step-by-step guidance with document preparation for your visa after you accept a teaching position with a school.
- Arrive in Vietnam, begin your new teaching job, and collect your first paycheck.
Eligibility And Fees
There are two program fees:
$1,409 includes all services and benefits below plus a week of orientation (accommodation included).
$2,249 includes all services and benefits below plus a 30-day in-class TESOL course, orientation, and practice teaching. Accommodation included.
The schools also want to see that you have a desire to change lives and have an unending curiosity for cultural exchange. You don’t need prior teaching experience, a degree in education, or even plans to become a teacher.
- Applicants must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. The degree certificate must have the word ‘Bachelor’ written on it. The degree doesn’t necessarily have to be from a native English-speaking country, but you must be able to get it legalized. Using Master’s Degrees is also acceptable but it must also say Masters on it.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and have a clear native speaking accent. They don’t necessarily have to be native speakers, but native speakers are preferred. Other requirements for non-native English speakers include:
- A non-native teacher with a degree in teaching English or;
- A non-native teacher with a degree in English language and a teaching certificate or;
- A non-native teacher with a degree and a teaching certificate and an English certificate at C1 level or equivalent.
- Ages 21 to 50.
- Good mental and physical health. In order to get a work-permit, a health check is required once in country. It consists of a chest x-ray, giving a blood and urine sample, an eye exam and a general check-up (blood pressure, etc.).
- No criminal record (with the exception of traffic or other minor violations)
- Minimum of a 120-hour online or in-class TEFL or TESOL certification. Online certificates can be accepted, but the candidate must commit to at least a 6-month contract and must be flexible in terms of location and placement preferences. Online certificates that say “online” on it cannot be accepted. If there is an in-class component to the course, there may be more flexibility in placement location. The most ideal online TESOL certificate holder is one that has one or more years of teaching experience already, as they will have the most options in terms of placement.
What documents do I need to bring with me?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the application process? What's included with my fee and what's not?
Program Length & Teaching Details
What happens when I arrive in Vietnam?
Salary Levels, Taxes & Budget
How do I pay my fees? And why is there a fee?
What do I do about my student loans?
"I thought that I was prepared for the extreme change that comes with moving to a new country, I was wrong. There are so many new sights, sounds, and feelings. Not to mention the language barrier.
I am SO thankful that I decided to use GeoVisions. They were so supportive and really made the transition as seamless as possible. Not only did they ease us into the Vietnamese culture, they also provided us with real, in-class teaching experience during orientation.
September 17, 2019
"Being from the UK, this is my first time not just in Vietnam, but in Asia, and I already feel like it's my home now and that's largely due to the staff who have made every step to ensure we're safe, comfortable and loving life here.
I wouldn't change anything really about my experience, and I can't wait to experience more and more of Vietnam. It's so lovely to know that GeoVisions will stay in touch too. Thank you so much!
September 30, 2019
"“When I found GeoVisions and headed off to Vietnam, I wasn't sure what to expect.
I have been able to experience teaching in Vietnam and have been given support from like-minded people who have provided me with the utmost support.
If you're sitting, staring at a screen day in day out wondering if there's something else...There is.”
Request More Information - Opportunities For You
This experience will look great on your CV or Resume.
Commit to teaching for one-year or 4+ months in Vietnam. Get paid a full-time salary with many benefits.
years we have been sending teachers to Vietnam.
Learn More From Teacher Who Were There