All of us at GeoVisions are pleased to have you join us on the Work and Travel J-1 Exchange Program. You are a guest in the United States on this program, and as a J-1 Exchange Visitor, you have certain responsibilities in order to maintain your valid status as a visa holder in the United States. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you CHECK IN with us when you arrive (www.mygeovisions.org or the main page of www.geovisions.org). You also MUST check in with us every month BETWEEN THE 10th AND 15th OF EACH MONTH You need to do these two important things so that we can help to make your stay in the USA as successful as possible, and for you to comply with Department of State Program Rules.
This MyGeoVisions page www.mygeovisions.org gives you information and links you need to stay "in-status" on your Work and Travel Program … and information to help you have the best possible experience while in the United States.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO NOW? (Click on the link to get to the page you need.)
- ARRIVAL CHECK IN – complete this form within three days of arrival in the United States. If you do not, and we cannot activate you in SEVIS AND YOU MAY NOT GET YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD.
- UPDATE MY CONTACT INFORMATION – if you change your housing address, you need to inform us immediately. Even if you just move to a different apartment in the same building, we need to know. You need to help us keep your SEVIS information correct at all times. Use this link to tell us if you get a new phone numer or are using a new email address.
- GET A NEW JOB OR CHANGE MY JOB – You are not allowed to get a new job, even a second or third part-time job, unless you submit a Job Offer to GeoVisions, and GeoVisions confirms the job with your employer, AND gives you permission to begin working.
- MY MONTHLY CHECK IN – The State Department requires that you are in touch with us once a month while in the United States. REMEMBER GEOVISIONS 10-15. That means you must visit this web page between the 10th and 15th of every month you are in the United States, and answer the questions on that page. We are here to help you make the most out of your time in the United States, and your Monthly Check In helps us do that.
- PURCHASE ADDITIONAL INSURANCE BEFORE / AFTER MY PROGRAM DATES - GeoVisions encourages you to have insurance coverage while you are traveling in the USA before or after your Start Date and End Date on your Form DS-2019. If you have not purchased this on your own, you can extend your coverage dates here.
- VISIT THE STUDENT RESOURCES SECTION – Here you can review the GeoVisions OnLine Orientation, read the Student Handbook, see important State Department documents, and get lots of helpful information to make your stay in the United States more enjoyable and productive. You are here to learn about the United States and the American people. This section will be constantly updated with helpful information on how to do that.
Visit Work and Travel STUDENT CENTRAL frequently at www.mygeovisions.org!