Teach English Abroad In Thailand This Summer
Are you a current classroom teacher or hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Education? This program is an excellent opportunity for global teaching experience to enhance your career while getting paid a cash stipend.
Teaching abroad in the summer is a fun way to be a paid English teacher in Thailand with GeoVisions Foundation. Spending 7 weeks (including orientation) teaching in Thailand can enhance your teaching career. It is also a fantastic opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others while experiencing the rich culture of Southeast Asia. Also, think about what you’ll bring back to your classroom at the start of the school year in your homeschool.
Since we use rolling admissions, you'll want to secure a spot as soon as possible.
Go beyond the beaten path and experience Thailand the way no tourist ever could even for seven short weeks. GeoVisions’ Summer Paid
How Do I Get Started?
- Fill out the very brief form on this page. It won't take 30 seconds.
- If you've just started your research, we recommend that you read this post, which is our definitive guide to teaching abroad.
- When you're ready to have your questions answered and go through some plans, schedule a call with us. There is no obligation when you speak with us. We're here to answer your questions.
- Fill out and submit your application with your $350 deposit. Why is there a fee? We provide pre-departure assistance, airport pickup, orientation on arrival, and a high level of support throughout your experience as well as visa guidance.
- Fill out our supplemental application and upload the required documents like a copy of your passport, your transcript, photos, medical form, etc.
- Begin your interviews with schools in Thailand.
- Next, you will receive personalized, step-by-step guidance with document preparation for your visa after you accept a teaching position with the school of your choice.
- Arrive in Thailand, begin your new teaching job, and collect your first paycheck.
Seven weeks, including orientation.
Eligibility And Fees
The program fee is $1,499.
The most important qualifications required by the schools in Thailand is that you must be a native English speaker and have at least the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree.
The schools also want to see that you have a desire to change lives and have an unending curiosity for cultural exchange. You don’t need prior teaching experience, a degree in education, or even plans to become a teacher.
- Applicants must be from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, USA.
- Ages 21 to 50.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Good mental and physical health.
- No criminal record (with the exception of traffic or other minor violations).
- Teaching experience, if you are not-yet graduated, your required student-teaching for certification is also acceptable.
- Preference is given to current classroom teachers.
For summer 2020:
Session 1: June 8 to July 24
Session 2: June 29 to August 14
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the application process?
What happens when I arrive in Thailand?
Your fee guarantees these benefits
"an amazing opportunity to gain experience teaching and provide a wide range of English skills to my students
As long as you have an open mind, and aren't afraid of occasionally feeling awkward with not only a language barrier, but a cultural barrier, there's no shortage of new experiences and adventures you can have!
During my time here, I found most Thai people are appreciative of the fact that you're putting in the effort to even learn the language. A great way to help you learn about your host country is by visiting the many beautiful temples. I have done this in both Chiang Mai and Bangkok and felt it helped me to understand the rich culture and history of Thailand. I have had incredible support from the beginning of my program, from teaching strategies to feeling safe exploring on my own.
September 17, 2019
"Every day it seems like it just keeps getting better and better.
There are lots of challenges of course, especially when you first start teaching at your school, but that should be expected. I teach at a public high school, and everyone at the school loves my girlfriend and I. Our hours are very fair, and we get paid enough to live comfortably in Thailand.
GeoVisions always answered all of our questions promptly, helped us get all of our visa paperwork sorted.
This program far exceeds all my expectations, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is ready for this kind of adventure."
September 30, 2019
"This was truly one of the best decisions I've made so far.
This has been the most challenging, rewarding, and eye-opening experience and I've loved every second of it. There are definitely times where things were a little bumpy, but they were just that. A LITTLE bumpy. However I have a great support network, and there are tons of people I know I can reach out to if anything were to go wrong.
Geovisions made the process leading up to getting to Thailand as smooth as possible and they put up with all my silly questions graciously and put my mind at ease. I recommend to anyone that wants a new experience that they just go for it.
I don't mean to make moving to a foreign country and starting a new life sound like a breeze because it is by no means a job for the faint hearted, but if you're up for a challenge I promise you wont regret it.
Request More Information - Opportunities For You
This experience will look great on your CV or Resume.
Commit to teaching for seven weeks this summer in Thailand. Earn at least $800 for the month.
years we have been sending teachers to Thailand.
Learn More From Teacher Who Were There